Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Life's been good

THANK YOU GUYS

Really sweet of you people to come at such late time to "surprise" me on my birthday, despite having exams, taking time off to bake me a cake (I promise I will eat it), to organize anything fer me, or to get me such a BIG gift (hahaha I still cannot believe it)!

Thank you y'all. Life's been good to me, to know that I have such friends around. It seems like my life's been complete with you all around.

24 years seems to flash past me, even in the midst of me writing an industry brief assignment. Reflecting on what has occurred and all that has happened, God is gracious to me with people I know who love me despite ALL my shortcomings. I thank you all for that paitence and love.

Just got an E card from Dad. Haha even though he has not given me anything for my birthday since I was 12, I teared because at least I know he's been far away from me and thinking about me. Looking back, it's been hard on him to support the family, to act as the role of my mother since she passed away when I was 12, and to bring all 3 of us up. I must admit I am not the understanding and paitent child who supposed to be standing beside him in times of his need, and I am utterly ashamed of it. Yet he still loves me unconditionally, regardless of my past wrongdoings. I am reading this book called "For one more day" by Mitch Albom, and what I draw from it is that you should appreciate someone while that person is still around. Even now, I still utterly miss my mom and wish I was the obedient child while she was around. Wishing for one more day. But there's miles to go before we reunite, and I am looking forward to that day. Till then, thanks Dad, for everything. I love you.

While walking back home with a smoothie in hand, I told my roommate that there is this song that kept ringing in my head that describes my life. Of the perils, of the advices, of friendship and brotherhood. Now, I do not have that many bros, but I thank the 2 who stand by me despite everything. Thanks bros. I appreciate these years of brotherhood.





This song was sung by my warrant officer during one of our drinking sessions. The passion when he sang it really touched me because of his perspective of life, so honest and straightfoward, very 讲义气, which was what people are lacking these days.

I thank the Lord for this day, and commit it to Him.





Comments:
Happy belated birthday!!! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?