Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

Thankful

Thanksgiving was, as usual, a blast for me. Had a pretty good event a week ago and plenty of food to go around. Life, in general, has been good for me. Shit happens in life, but hey, ce la vie rite? During that event, we had a wall for thanksgiving, and there were many notes exchanged and given to the people who attended. Thank you everyone, for your notes! Appreciate it alot! And I'm going to give my thanks to the people around me. Just naming a few, it won't be long! If you are not mentioned, my appreciation to you is kept in my heart.

(No order of preference, dun even think abt it!)

To my beloved Grandma: Thanks for loving me so much! Sorry I've not been as great a grandson as I ought to be, and I very much wish I am back to spend some time with you. You cared for me so unreservedly and filled my dark days with the speck of light. I know, obviously, you cannot read this! haha but you are always kept within me and the reason I am travelling back to Singapore as frequently as needed. Thank you so much for being part of my life! Stay healthy and watch me graduate!

To my best Bro: There have been conflicts between us for some time now. And I can say, that some part of me are just making this shit up. Being paranoid and over cautious, you still loved me like a brother. I am so stupid to distrust you. There ain't many people like you around who can forgive me for what I've done. You, knowing my awful character, chose to still believe in me. I am utterly grateful for that! Thanks for your trust and love, I won't be stupid anymore. Someday, we will set up that bachelor pad we talked about for so long! haha... after I grad!

To my 2 brothers: you guys, better study hard! Thanks for being there in spirit. I know that. And for putting up with your dad when I'm not around. Hock, you are the matured one in the family, don't follow my footsteps. Thank God, for He transformed you to the reliable person you have become right now. Yong, don't spend so much time with gf lah. Study and have fun at the same time!

To Jun, my half bro: Thanks for always putting a tot for me despite me trying to be a hermit. Getting me out of my home and doing "crazy" shits, you make me believe that outside my circle of trust in Singapore, I can get someone else inside here. Your matured perspective of life, your honest opinions and your advice (except of ahem... A...) helps me alot in my life here in Btown. There is still someone who practise integrity, which I strongly believe in my life. Thanks for helping me time and again, unreseveredly and share your thoughts with me. I'm quite sad that you are leaving soon, but I know its for your best interest. We will be DB as always!

To xiao mei: thanks for your concern and care! maybe all gfs shld learn how to cook like you! haha... you possess the fun-loving part that I never have, and thanks for dragging me out time and again to have dinners and remembering me for anything you've got on. Nice to have a sis around and you, like jun, are very much part of my life! And pls don't complain if I wash dishes the next time! Theres only how much I can do for you as a brother, feel guilty about it.

To my roomie: Thanks for tolerating me as a roommate. I'm not the best live-in guy you can find, but I try to do what I can do around the house. Thanks for expressing your tots with me and let me have a clearer perspective. I may be naggy sometimes, but hey, I do that to all my friends! Not trying to be the "experienced guy" around here, just trying to pinpoint areas where I once have done wrongly and do not want others to follow. Thanks for cooking! Otherwise I may end up eating jimmy jones all day.. hahaha...

To Denise: You are such a sweet gerl! Thanks for helping me around whenever I need, even thou at times I can see that you are busy and have other things to do. Thanks for being there, esp for SSA stuff like you promised! I'm grateful to have you around and gimme a listening ear to my everyday complaints.

To Weihwa: Thanks for taking care of me and your cooking is still as marvelous! Thanks for inviting me for dinners and get me out of my home to do stuff. And thanks for listening to my nonsense every one and then.

To Gene: Thanks for your support as always! Sometimes I do not seem to be as friendly or helpful to your cause, yet you tolerated. Thanks alot! And in my opinion, you are way ahead of your age despite what others say. We are peers, in this school, and Fate brought us together here. I'm very certain to see great success stories unfold in your future life. Have faith in yourself, cos I put my faith in you as well, whether you like it or not. You are like my brother who is the same age as you, and I would like to give whatever help or support I can offer to see you grow from strength to strength.

To Lawrence: 2nd circle upgrade to 1st? hahaha... its great to have you around! Someone to share my perspective in life as well! Cheers to the future road we will take!

TO David: Thanks for all the glorious food you cook, and dragging me to gym despite my unwillingness to do so! Thanks for tolerating me, even though I can see that I am not the conversational friend that people would like.

To Clement: Thanks for being the nice guy that you are.

To the gerls in my life (Shuang, Emily, Elaine, Kaixin): Thanks for all your advice and your concern, giving me strength when I am weak or perspective that I never have. Thanks for listening to me blabbering nonsense and for your time and effort, esp during the summer when I'm not the best friend you can have. Cheers to the many great years of friendship to come!

To her: Thanks for making me see that life isnt about for the future, but for the moment as well. You make me see a whole new perspective that I am embracing, and your impact in my life is bigger than you can comprehend. I'm sure you are happy now, so continue the way that you are. Hopefully, Fate allows, our paths cross and I get to see you again. Next time, as someone lesser.

To my guy buddies (Kwek, Sheng, Mun, Jin): Thanks for all your support in my life! For your advice and your concern, and your pespective in life helps me alot to understand what I need to do in life.

To Jeff: Thanks for your commic-sharing, your time and effort as a good friend! Hope to see you soon in States! Thanks for concern and listening to my constant stream of complaints.

The list goes on, and will never stop. Thanks for everything friends! God bless you always!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?