Saturday, December 02, 2006

 

Abstain

Since when I started drinking so heavily? I guess it must be during the summer, where I realized I am missing out on so much fun stuff in life. Partying, drinking, smoking; all of them becomes part of my life. I crave for a drink, I light up on hearing a party, and when I drink, I like to smoke (the combination is so smooth). I love to dance, and dancing after some drinks makes you forgot yourself and dance your heart out. When you party, these three factors must come into play to have an exciting evening.

Until you have tilted the balance by having more than you should.

Something I have not learn is my restrain on alcohol. I just drink, testing my limit as I down a shot, 5, or 10. Last night's party was pretty good, except when you drink too much. Coupled with a late night's sleep, I was tipsy pretty quick. Thanks to Jun and Lawrence who so kindly dragged my ass up to my apartment. I was rewarded for drinking so much the next morning: a hangover. This is my second hangover that I had in my entire life, of which both instances happened in IU. Not good. You get unproductive in the day, wasting your time in bed and trying to get rid of bad headache that rings in your head. And the guilt creeps up: why oh why did I drink so much?

There comes to a point in life when you suddenly wake up and say to yourself "I think its time for a change". Yup, I'm getting that kind of moment right now. And sure as hell I am ready to move on with my life. No more smoking or heavy drinking. (Not that I can say about dancing cos I just love to dance)

And I have just broken my promise. This time, I will not even try. I will definitely abstain from either of the two. For sure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?